Sunday, January 22, 2012

What Comes Natural


One of the things that I loved most in life and thus far is the thing that hurts the most to have lost as a result of ALS, is the ability to sing.  Ironically, which seems to be my life's true expression, when I was very young my grandmother gave me a book titled "My Friend The Bluebird Who Lost His Song".  My name was inserted as one of the main characters and my job was to help the bluebird find his song.

Recently at a party we where cruising old talent shows on google and found The Midnight Special performances on youtube.   I looked around me and everyone was singing along and the happiness in the room was just palpable.  I'll be honest, it hurt not to be able to join in (especially on specific songs I have historically loved to sing) but simultaneously everyone was dancing around, which I could do and so I did.  So true to my character in the book, I am going to suggest that you all sing and dance as much as you can, as often as you can, with people you love, even if you are tone deaf and have no rhythm. 

This blog post is an homage to the two things that come natural to us human beings, but we often ignore.  Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment